Oracle Coherence 12c: Free Hands-on Technical Workshop
- Does system latency cost you money?
- Can you maintain performance in response to rapid peaks in customer traffic?
- Does the thought of a system outage keep you awake at night?
- You heard about data grids but feel like you want to learn more and try some data grid technology for yourself?
Come to our Coherence workshop and discover how Oracle Coherence 12c can give you linear scalability across multiple servers, adding more capacity as demand increases, and providing data redundancy to protect against system failures.
|WHEN||WHERE||HOW TO REGISTER|
Oracle Corporation UK Ltd.
One South Place, London
Fill in the form at the bottom
You must bring along a laptop with power supply.
What is Oracle Coherence 12c?
Oracle Coherence 12c is a Java, .NET, and C++ enabled clustered caching and data grid technology that delivers high availability, rapid performance and extreme scalability. Coherence provides replicated and distributed (partitioned) data management, parallel compute and caching services on top of a reliable, highly scalable peer to peer clustering protocol. It includes network-level fault tolerance features and transparent soft re-start capability to enable servers to self-heal.
Is it the workshop for me?
Yes, if you are Lead Developer, Technical Architect, Solution Architect, Technical Lead or other technical staff interested in learning how to overcome Extreme Performance, Scalability and Availability challenges.
Why should you attend?
- You will increase your knowledge of Data and Compute Grids in general and Oracle Coherence 12c in particular.
- You will learn how data and compute grids can be used to solve particular problems in Reliability, Availability, Scalability and Performance (RASP)
- The workshop is a great networking opportunity; you can talk with your peers and industry experts to swap knowledge and experience
What are the key benefits of data grid?
- Data Reliability - ensures no down time or data loss.
- Linear Scalability - ensures you can grow as your customer base grows.
- Extreme Performance - your service is fast and responsive to customers.
- Elastic scale up and scale down - ready for modern cloud architectures so you can save money by flexing your hardware to match customer demand.
The workshops will be split into two sessions:
- Morning: ‘Data Grids Explained' - presentation.
- Afternoon: ‘Hands-on Labs' on Amazon EC2, using Oracle Coherence 12c
09:30 - 10:00 Arrival, coffee and networking
10:00 - 10:45 Extreme Performance, Scalability and Availability challenges
10:45 - 11:00 Coffee and networking
11:00 - 11:45 Data and Compute Grids - what are they good for?
11:45 - 12:30 Coherence 12c at Scale
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 14:15 Hands on with Oracle Coherence 12c (Coherence first steps)
14:15 - 15:00 Coffee and Networking
15:00 - 15:50 Hands on with Oracle Coherence 12c (Elastic Scaling of the Coherence Grid)
15:50 - 16:00 Wrap Up
Steve Millidge is a Founder and Technical Director at C2B2, Expert Group member for JSR 286 (Portals), JSR 347 (Data Grids) and JSR 107 (Caching). Steve has used Java extensively since pre1.0 and has been a field based professional service consultant for over 10 years and has extensive experience of deploying large scale production Java Middleware Systems. Steve has spoken at a number of events on performance and scalability of web systems including Java One, JBoss World, UK Oracle User Group Conference and Special Interest Groups, Jax London, The Server Side Symposium, Community One and regularly presents technical workshops on Data Grids and Big Scale Java.
The number of places for this event is limited so make sure you book your place now : fill in the registration form below!
Please note that the number of registrations for this workshop is limited. Your registration is not confirmed until you receive email confirmation from us. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
By submitting this registration you agree for C2B2 to send you e-mail communication with information about services and upcoming events. We promise not to spam you! We care about your privacy so we do not share your information with any third parties or companies not involved in organising our workshops.