Since Oracle are trying to bring all their products in line with each other, Oracle Coherence has leaped up in version number from 3.7.1 to 12.1.2 despite 12c being only one major release after 3.7.1.
Managed Coherence Servers
Grid Archive (GAR)
- GARs must contain at least two folders: lib and META-INF in the root directory.
- The META-INF directory must contain a coherence-application.xml file
- GARs need to be packaged in an EAR to be referenced by other modules.
- Run multiple REST applications
- Configure multiple context paths in the cache config and your application server can run multiple REST applications. As simple as that!
- REST security
- Very necessary, Coherence REST security uses both authentication and authorization. Authentication support includes: HTTP basic, client-side SSL certificate, and client-side SSL certificate together with HTTP basic. Authorization is implemented using Oracle Coherence*Extend-style authorization.
- Support for named queries
- Named queries are CohQL expressions which are configured for resources in the coherence-rest-config.xml file. In a nutshell, an expression is defined in the XML file and given a name. Using a GET request on the query name will return the results of that query!